[mythtv-users] Channel subscription?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sun Nov 20 17:27:56 EST 2005

chris at cpr.homelinux.net wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 01:56:04AM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
>
>> I do use Inactive for stuff that I do want to see in the the
>> schedule. First Episodes for one.
>
> I never thought of grabbing firsts, but it sounds like an interesting
> way to find new things to watch.  What search syntax do you use?  The
> best I can come up with on short notice would be:

I brushed over this because I've posted about it a couple times
before. If you're not using SVN, cut'n'paste what Mike sent.
Set the rule to Inactive and they will show up in white marked "x".
For me, I see about a dozen or so of these new series per week.

>     AND program.syndicatedepisodenumber REGEXP '^0*1$'

It's'a no good. The producer's letters, numbers and tags are all
over the map. For DD "AND program.programid LIKE 'EP%0001'"
matches the uniform numbering from TMS. 0001 is the first record
they stuff in the descriptions for this series. It may not be
the first episode or pilot but >98% of the time it is. The date
has to be checked also to be sure it is shown on the original
air date. Otherwise the first episode of I Love Lucy, or anything
else, would show up as a premiere too.

--  bjm