[mythtv-users] Needed: Xbox compatable Lirc with support for the microsoft DVD remote

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Sun Nov 20 20:03:07 EST 2005

I am > < this close to getting my xbox running mythtv. All thats left is to
get lirc working and configure xfce to autologin the correct user. I am
running Shallex's GentooX and the emerged version of mythtv (thank goodness
for distcc!!). I tried emerging lirc but had problems with getting it to
compile. Grabbed a copy of 7.2 tarball and discovered that there was no
entry for xboxusb in the available usb devices. Checked 6.6 (recomended
somewhere) and found even less options.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a special repo for the xbox specific lirc?

Thanks a bunch.