[mythtv-users] How to record LiveTV?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Nov 20 23:16:40 EST 2005

Richard Jones wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 08:24 am, Adam Greenbaum wrote:

>>>i also have the similar problem :-( hitting "r" makes nothing... and i
>>>checked "watch recordings" - there are only scheduled recordings there
>>>

>>This is what happens if you don't have tv listings for the current
>>channel. Myth doesn't know the finish time or name of the current
>>program so it just doesn't start. Fix your listings and the problem
>>should go away.
>>

>This might be a dumb question, but why can't I just record whatever is
>currently being captured by the TV card. Start when I hit 'r' and stop when I
>hit it again?
>
>Have we learnt nothing from VCRs?

Myth is not a VCR. You can do something like you want in SVN, but you
still shouldn't ever do it.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/156994#156994

Read the second paragraph of the commit message to see why--even with
SVN's "instant record" feature--you should always use a Manual Recording.

Mike