[mythtv-users] OT: Backend Crashes with Machine Check Exception

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Mon Nov 21 12:50:51 EST 2005

Todd Pearsall wrote:

[...]

>> Todd Pearsall wrote:
>>> Every 24 to 48 hours I get a hard crash on my Myth Backend:

[...]

>>> - motherboard swap since it will be an expensive test
>>>  BTW, it is an ABIT NF8 motherboard that I am otherwise very happyy
>>> with.
>>
>> My money is on the mobo. I went through 3 of them before I found one
>> that was compatible with my PVR 350.
>> I would get 12-24 hour lock-ups just like you.

[...]

> Was that 3 different motherboards or 3 of ABIT motherboards?

3 different mobos. 1 AMD (really old), 1 Intel, 1 AOpen. The AOpen
finally succeeded,
but only on a certain PCI slot. I was really surprised that the Intel
board didn't work. It
was an D815EEA2 model and it's perfectly reliable otherwise. I'm still
using it in another
machine.  The AOpen board is an S661gxm-u.

Actually, I'm hoping to replace the cheap AOpen board with an Abit IC7-G
soon. I
sure hope it works. :)

--
Jesse Guardiani