[mythtv-users] My odd requirements.

Obrien, Haskell W. obrienh at more.net
Mon Nov 21 12:58:22 EST 2005

Hi guys.
I'm working on my htpc and I *used* to use mythtv.
Because I use directv, it's actually cheaper to use directv tivos
instead of multiple receivers.  The tivo gives me two tuners, and
they're cheap.

So, I don't need any timeshifting features.

I DO need deinterlacing.
I'm using a Sony CRT projecter at 1080i, via the RGBHV input from my
Geforce card.  Right now I'm using DScaler on the ati tv wonder pci's
s-video input.
My directivo and laserdisc/dvd player are switched to it via my
receiver.

If this is confusing, here's a diagram...
http://biobug.org/ht/interconnect/

80% of the time this is what the htpc will be doing.
The other 20% will be for file playback and dvd playback.

Is there a current tivo frontend plugin for myth?

Any suggestions?  Is myth a reasonable option for this?  I think it's
overkill, but I'm curious to hear what you guys have to say.

Will