[mythtv-users] MythGame and SNES emulator woes

byron byron at dreamtech.org
Mon Nov 21 13:53:28 EST 2005

My recent Myth project has been to get MythGame functional.  My goal was
to get MAME, NES and SNES all working through the MythGame interface.
So far I've been successful in getting MAME and NES roms detected and
playable through MythGame.  However SNES has proven to be a little
trickier.

My problem:
When going into the games menu it scans for SNES games every time but
never updates the UI or the database as far as I can tell.  Running the
emulators from a console works in both zsnes and snes9x.  I do not see
any info logged to the backend log with verbose set to all, nor do I see
anything sent the console when running mythfrontend from the command
line.  I have tried zipped and unzipped roms with varying permissions
all to no avail.  I've also tried using both zsnes and snes9x without
success.

Here is my config as it appears in setup

Dropdown: Zsnes
binary: /usr/games/bin/zsnes -m
rompath: /media/emu/snes/roms
screenshots: (blank)

The setup seems very simple I just don't see what I'm doing wrong.
Anyone have any ideas?  Is there a way to increase logging with
mythfrontend?

TIA

byron