[mythtv-users] nonlinear 16:9 stretch?

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Mon Nov 21 15:14:43 EST 2005

> Currently I use the built in stretch mode on my TV to stretch 4:3 to 16:9.
> It does a nonlinear stretch so the edges of the picture are stretched more
> than the middle. Windows MCE has this feature too.
>
> Before I burn an evening mucking with a working X config, i'd like to know
> if MythTV do this also, or does it stretch the entire picture evenly?

 	I think I remember this thread coming up before.  I really doubt
that you will find anything from within the X config that will allow you
to do that.  Modelines are linear.  Unless the specific video card driver
has a special mode for it (non that I'm aware of do), you're screwed.

 	That should probably be done at the application (i.e. mythtv)
level.  I don't think anyone has done it yet.

-Cory