[mythtv-users] Needed: Xbox compatable Lirc with support for the microsoft DVD remote

Ben Dash ben_dash at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 22 12:15:07 EST 2005

I couldn't get lirc 0.7.0 to compile until I went to a
2.6 kernel.  Once I did that there was no problem.

Good luck!

--- William <wmunson at rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> > I had to patch LIRC to add USB support. The patch
> I used is
> > in the Gentoo package manager (for lirc-0.7.0-r1
> from
> > memory), so you might find it via GentooX, I don't
> know,
> > otherwise it can be downloaded here:
> >

> I have not been able to get that patch to apply
> cleanly to the 0.7.0
> release. It keeps bombing out when trying to
> create/patch the makefile.am,
> makefile.in and xbox_usb.c. I even tried to manually
> patch the files with
> cut and paste but it will not compile. Gives me an
> error about using a i686
> something or other when compiling for xbox. Sorry I
> am not at home to
> recreate the error.
>
> Anyone got a pre-patched copy of lirc they can
> bundle up and send to me?
> This is the only issue left.
>
> Bill

|Ben Dash                                           |
|Ask free questions - http://bensqanda.blogspot.com |
|My Blog -    http://bensdailythoughts.blogspot.com |
|Info -  http://bensinformationstation.blogspot.com |
|Workouts -        http://bensworkouts.blogspot.com |