[mythtv-users] [OT] ProjectX user guide

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Tue Nov 22 13:02:32 EST 2005

Steve Adeff wrote:

>>> you could dump the new output in the /myth/video directory and then in
>>> mythfrontend utilities go into your video manager and it should be
>>> rescanned.
>>>

> project X is PERFECT for what your looking for. It is *meticulous* in keeping
> video and audio output time synced. As well it runs wonderfuly from CLI (at
> least it does on my system).
>
> Steve

I could never get Project X to work right on my system. And now it
doesn't matter, because the latest SVN mythtranscode does that anyway.
It can cut commercials, keep audio/video in sync (and fix some sync
issues if the exist) and leave the original format in tact, minus the
commercials. It's almost at the 'holy grail' stage for me. Check the
trac commits for mythtranscode, and/or the myth-dev list for mpeg2fix or
mythtranscode from the last 2 weeks.

Tom