[mythtv-users] myth and hdtv questions

Chris Trown ctrown at safe-mail.net
Tue Nov 22 16:34:25 EST 2005

      Sorry to bug the list again.

      I've been trying to get smooth playback on my myth box.  I'm so
close...  I get choppiness and I guess it's called "combing".  The image
is interlaced(-v playback says it's 1080i).  The best I can describe it
is one line of the image is fine, but the next is "smeared" or stretched
to the right.  This only happens when there is motion in the image.  I
also get choppiness.

      I've tried various combinations of options and de-interlacing
filters.  I can get one problem to go away, but not both.  Also,
mythfronend is consuming 99% of the CPU.  I have tried to use XvMC.
Does enabling require something in xorg.conf?

      Do I need to use the xine-hd package that's in the Downloads
section at www.pchdtv.com?

      Is it neccessary to use xrandr to switch video modes?  Right now
my  desktop is running at 1280x720.  Will it get scaled appropriately?
If so, would scaling like this obviate XvMC support?

      I'm using 0.18.1 on a Fedora Core3 system and a NVidia 5200FX.

      Thanks for all you help.

Chris...

--
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -- Benjamin