[mythtv-users] The ever-popular DVD burning topic

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Tue Nov 22 18:31:01 EST 2005

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 18:07:51 -0500
Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 08:53:07PM +0000, Ben Edwards wrote:
> > nuv2disc is the singing and dancing solution but not so easy to set up.
>
> That will deal with material already transcoded to MPEG4?

google for any2vob - a piece of software that will transcode anything
(the "any" part) to a vob file suitable for putting on a dvd. Of course
with any such solution you need a lot of dependencies as there is a lot
of situations to be taken into account.

any2vob will even make an ac3 5.1 soundtrack for you if desired. [1]

The one thing it doesn't do is make the menus and the iso - you have to
find another solution for that, but there are a couple of ok front ends
for dvdauthor (dvdstyler is my preference).

The other thing it doesn't do is have a myth interface, you will need to log in over ssh to do it.

[1] of course its not true 5.1 in that the front and back speakers have
the same sound, but at least sound comes out all 6 speakers. I think the
algorithm is something like:

Stereo Left becomes Front Left and Rear Left
Ditto for Right
Combine Left & Right to make Centre
Combine Left & Right and filter out above 150Hz to make Low Frequency
channel

--
Nick Rout <nick at rout.co.nz>