[mythtv-users] Opengl

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Tue Nov 22 19:31:54 EST 2005

On 11/22/2005 4:17 PM Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Raphael Pooser wrote:
>
>> Rasmus B. Nielsen wrote:
>>
>>> what is the problem when I try to use opengl in music-player or in
>>> the gallery my box freezes, and uses 100% of CPU. But I have
>>> installed opengl and it works (I have 250 FPS in glxgears,before I
>>> added DRI to X11, I had 54 FPS) ?
>>

>> what kind of card are you using?  Do you have the nvidia binary
>> drivers or ati binary drivers installed
>

> correctly
>
>> , etc?
>

> I've seen many cases where they did not install correctly using binary
> packages because links weren't properly created or some other "little"
> thing like that.

And so how does one tell if his nvidia drivers are installed
"correctly"?  I'm running nvidia drivers built via portage on a Gentoo
2.6.13 system.  Yet I don't think I have any video acceleration as
visualizations seem to "stutter" slightly and my CPU is at 100%.  This
is on an Athlon XP 2800.

Thanks,

Drew

--