[mythtv-users] multiple tuners, sound from one output?

Alan alan at ufies.org
Tue Nov 22 19:54:14 EST 2005

Hey all, just joined up, and have recently gotten a mythtv box almost
completely up and running via knoppmyth.  I got things working with the
pvr350 card, and then decided to add a second cheap card in, and grabbed
a wintv-go, which after a bit of fighting got going as well.

The only issue that I have right now is with sound.  Is it possible to
get both cards (and better still, both cards and the sound card) to have
sound out of a single set of outputs that I can plug into my amp.

I currently have the pvr350 as the main tuner and the wintv-go as the
second card, so if something is recording, the wintv card is used to
view live tv.

The problem is that when this is happening, how can I get the sound to
come out of the tv same as it does when livetv is playing with the 350?
If I have speakers connected directly to the wintv card sound comes out
fine, but if it's plugged into the line out of the wintv and into the
line in of the 350, I get no sound.

Also, when playing avis via the 'play videos' option, sound comes out of
the sound card, not the pvr350 output.

So my question would be: how can I set up my system so that all sound
goes out of a single output, preferably the pvr350 so I can simply plug
that into my amp.

I've experimented with the 'pvr350 controlls audio' setting and the
results seem to be the same.  I'm hoping there's some alsa mixer hack or
fancy way of doing this, or a hidden setting somewhere that I just need
to flip.

Thanks all.

alan

--