[mythtv-users] Stop / Start Athcool just Befor / After a Recording

Bob spam at homeurl.co.uk
Tue Nov 22 20:06:40 EST 2005

chris at cpr.homelinux.net wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 04:08:29PM +0800, Bob wrote:
>
>>Is there a way to run a script just before a recording starts and
>>another after it ends, ideally this would be specific to a capture
>>source as my next card (PVR 500) may not have this issue?
>
> I don't know how to trigger scripts when a recording starts, and
> managing sequential recordings would be a problem because you could end
> up with a race condition. It would be easier to use a cron job that
> parses http://localhost:6544/xml once per minute and looks for the
> appropriate tuner status:
>
> $ lynx -dump http://localhost:6544/xml | head -n 5
> <!DOCTYPE Status>
> <Status version="0.18.1.20050510-1" protoVer="15" time="6:15 AM"
> date="11/22/2005" >
> <Encoders count="1" >
> <Encoder local="1" connected="1" id="1" state="0" lowOnFreeSpace="0"
> hostname="linuxbox" />
> </Encoders>
>
> You would want to look for the appropriate "Encoder" record and toggle
> the external program based on the state field.

That could work, but it's a bit expensive and inelegant.

If it were possible to run a shell script when a recording starts and
ends, the end script could use your method to check if there is an
imminent recording and not restart Athcool if there is, that would fix
the potential race condition you highlighted.

--
tveeprom: Hauppauge: model = 34132, rev = J158,
tveeprom: tuner = Philips FM1236 MK3 (idx = 58, type = 4)