[mythtv-users] Box setup suggestions

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Tue Nov 22 20:37:10 EST 2005

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 05:24:04PM -0500, chris king wrote:
> Also what do you guys uses for remotes, and controllers considering both need
> to be wireless.

My primary front-end machine is an XBox and I had to create a USB->XBox
converter to load the save-game hack from a USB flash drive.  Once
Xebian was installed I decided it was easier to just plug in a USB
keyboard and have full qwerty access rather than enduring the lirc
horror story I read on here so often.  I did configure my TV's remote
to send RCA codes when it's in DVD mode just to see what it would be
like, and found trying to use Myth that way was just plain horrible so
I went back to the qwerty for good.  It has the fringe benefit that I
can do Ctrl-Alt-F1 and login to make changes to the Myth box or send
email rather than going to the basement to type on the back-end's
console.  (FWIW, my first VCR had a 4-botton wired remote and we
thought that was a pretty cool invention.  Now I have a 104-button
remote! :-P)

--
Joke template: Three guys walk into a bar. One of them is a wee bit
stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability.