[mythtv-users] The ever-popular DVD burning topic

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 09:52:26 EST 2005

On 11/22/05, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:

> I admit to not having been keeping up with the list as closely as I
> should...
>
> We're running .18.1 (I think I got the point release, anyway), and
> transcoding to MPEG4 (cause 500GB just isn't enough... :-}).
>
> And if I don't figure out how to burn DVD's, my sister is going to...
>
> well, ok, she's going to dump *my* stuff.  :-)
>
> ---
>
> I've looked into MythTVBurn, and a few other projects... and they all
> seem to have dependency trees 5 levels deep with 47 items in them
> without sufficient information to keep me from having to get married to
> all 47 code bases even to just get things installed.
>
> Is there a simple, easy to install solution for this issue yet?
>
> Could someone point me to it?
>
> My target platform is SuSE 9.3, which for all other purposes, seems to
> work fine as a base for both Myth and $ALL_OUR_OTHER_CRAP.
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra

If you have a Mac:
I've been using the myth 2 ipod script (I increased the resolution and
bitrate) to export iMovie compatable files.  Then I've iMovie and iDVD to
make the dvds.

--
I probably still have a few (well, now a whole bunch) gmail invites.
Drop me a line (off list) if you'd like an account.