[mythtv-users] Two Nova-T cards?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 11:53:24 EST 2005

On 23/11/05, Jules Bean <jules at jellybean.co.uk> wrote:
> Jules Gosnell wrote:
> >

> [snip description of connecting passthrough from one card to the next)
>
> > Would someone mind outlining the best procedure in terms of getting a
> > good signal to both cards and anything else relevant ....
> >

> There are a variety of signal splitters/amplifiers on the market. I have
> one which, if memory serves, is branded "All4One" and has a variable
> amplification dial on it, one aerial input, and four outputs; it was
> bought from PCWorld for about 20 quid and it solved some reception
> problems I had with my set-top box with my relatively poor aerial.
> Someone else on this list mentioned that they were using a similar
> product with two DVB cards with some success. They are quite widely
> available in the UK; I've seen them in at least Dixons and John Lewis as
> well.

Try Argos - I use a cheap multiway amplifier with one of my DVB boxes
(even using passthrough between cards) and experience no problems. I
don't have an external aerial (loft mounted digital aerial) so am
quite happy this I manage to get all DVB channels as it is!

My last system was based on FC4 - I just stuck two V-Stream DVB Xpert
cards (cx88_dvb driver) in the system and was up and running in
minutes.

Nick