[mythtv-users] Problem using WinTv 350 for record, view on lcd screen using nvidia fx5200 Fedora Core 4

Andreas andreas at bolanski.com
Wed Nov 23 18:26:37 EST 2005

Hello.

I just got my WinTv 350 card and have been trying to set it up using the
FC4 guide. I have the tuner part working and I can record programs. But
if I try to watch tv live or see a recording the lcd screen goes black,
I also hear sound for about 5-10sec and then nothing.

When this happens I have to reboot the machine to get out of that state.

To clarify I do NOT want to use the TV Out of my 350 card I only want to
use it as a recorder/tuner with the hardware mpeg2 encoder.

If I try mplayer -ao oss -vo xv /dev/video0 I get picture and sound on
my lcd screen. But I cant get mythtv to show tv on my lcd screen.

I can also see the little previews for the recordings on my lcd so I
know there is stuff recorded.

My setup i short:
AMD 2500+
Abit motherboard with nivida2 chip
Geforce FX5200 128mb (This is my intended output) opengl driver 7667
WinTv 350 (this is my input and tuner)

Any ideas?

/Andy