[mythtv-users] Re: FC4 and HD-3000 DVB vs.QAM Issue in latest kernel

David Ellis david at ellisonline.ca
Thu Nov 24 11:31:02 EST 2005

Sorry for the late reply - I was out kinda late last night.

As I mentioned earlier - I went thru the same thing, so I'll try to answer
(which is why I chuckled).

I suspect the DVB maintainers (who have been doing a lot of updates to this
driver as demand increases) started including more detailed information for
the hardware on the card. This was probably done to help debug some obscure
bug that effected a single individual/group and it helped the maintainer
determine if the hardware on the card was different than what they were
running. Some capture card vendors (Hauppauge in particular) are known to
change tuners and encoders on a pretty regular basis. I have two PVR 250's
each with a different tuner - although they were bought at the same time.

The good news in all this is that the card does continue to work in Myth,
and works quite well.

David

  _____