[mythtv-users] Live TV won't change channel

Patrick Beard p.beard at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Nov 25 07:08:27 EST 2005

> Go into the channel editor and make sure you have valid UK channel
> numbers for the 5 channels you have defined (i.e. between 20-69). E6
> is I think a European channel number, which is why you are getting the
> error messages. I assume since you are getting some video, you
> currently have the Tuner0 configured against a video source (analog TV
> channels?)
>
> If you make sure you have the correct XMLTVIDs for each channel, you
> should be able to get listings too.
>
> Nick

Thanks for the reply Nick.

This is what I have in the 'channels' table in the database. I have put
the frequencies in place if the ID's (Thanks Ronald) but I still get the
same results.

1001

1

551.250

1

1001

BBC1 Scotland

0

scotland.bbc1.bbc.co.uk

0

32768

32768

32768

32768

0

1

0

NULL

NULL

NULL

1002

2

519.250

1

1002

BBC2 Scotland

0

scotland.bbc2.bbc.co.uk

0

32768

32768

32768

32768

0

1

0

NULL

NULL

NULL

1004

4

471.250

1

1004

Channel 4

0

channel4.com

0

32768

32768

32768

32768

0

1

0

NULL

NULL

NULL

1005

5

687.250

1

1005

Five

0

channel5.co.uk

0

32768

32768

32768

32768

0

1

0

NULL

NULL

NULL

1003

3

495.250

1

1003

ITV1 Border Scottish

0

scottish.border-tv.com

0

32768

32768

32768

32768

0

1

0

NULL

NULL

NULL

I was expecting to see some strange entries, but it all looks ok to me
(but I know zilch about this stuff)
One of the things I don't understand is - when I try to change channel
and get the 'Please verify channel' error. It mentions a lot of
channels. The list in my first posts was just a snippit.

Using ivtv-tune to find my channels I used the following;

ivtv-tune -teurope-west -c31 -d/dev/video0  This gave me 551.250Mhz and
the channel was BBC1

ivtv-tune -teurope-west -c27 -d/dev/video0  This gave me 519.250Mhz and
the channel was BBC2

ivtv-tune -teurope-west -c24 -d/dev/video0  This gave me 495.250Mhz and
the channel was ITV

ivtv-tune -teurope-west -c21 -d/dev/video0  This gave me 471.250Mhz and
the channel was Ch4

ivtv-tune -teurope-west -c48 -d/dev/video0  This gave me 687.250Mhz and
the channel was Five

Does the content of my 'channel' table look ok?

Any more suggestions would be most welcome - as I'm at a loss to know
what to try next.

--
Patrick