[mythtv-users] Digital Audio with myth

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Fri Nov 25 12:01:14 EST 2005

Are there any gotchas that I need to be aware of
when I try to put together a frontend to employ
digital audio (5.1, 7.1).  I know most tv content is
only 5.1, but having never tried to use anything more
than stereo from a computer I'm not sure what I don't
know.

My receiver has coax and optical inputs.  I'm looking at
a new Asus MB and most contain Realtek ALC850 8 channel
audio systems.  If needed, I could also consider a
audio card that may have better driver support.  What
cards/chips are other having good success with?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian