[mythtv-users] question about Shuttle and SiS video

evan unconfused1 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 25 13:42:09 EST 2005

  Just wanted to ask this question again.  I'm using a Shuttle  computer with SiS video, Fedora 4, and a Hauppauge PVR350 card.   After installing the IVTV firmware driver in step #10 of the Wilsonnet  setup guide, I get a problem upon reboot.  As Linux is loading  modules and drivers...the screen goes black with a few random blocks  here and there.

  I'm pretty much stuck there.  Anyone else have a similar issue and  a solution to it?  Or is there a way to prevent it from loading  drivers or modules?

  If I let Linux boot until I don't see hard-drive activity...I can't get to a console.

  Thanks,
  evan

evan <unconfused1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
Well, being such a lengthy setup to that point, I'd prefer not to have to trash
it and start again.  Is there a way to disable, or pick and choose what modules
get loaded on startup, before they actually load (and disable my video output)?

Thanks,
evan

--- Steven Sartorius  wrote:

> FWIW, I am successfully running mythtv on a Shuttle SS51G with an
> AverMedia M179 and a Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440.  Don't use the SIS
> graphics though...
>

> Steve
>
> On Oct 29, 2005, at 13:21, echo wrote:
>
> > I'm having a little issue with my installation of MythTV.  I'm
> > following this
> > guide and am up to step #10.
> >
> > http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php#capture
> >
> > My hardware:
> > * Shuttle XPC SS51G, w/optional DVI, s-vid, RCA out
> > * Pentium 4
> > * 256 MB RAM
> > * Hauppauge PVR350
> >
> > And as per the Wilsonet setup, I'm using Fedora Core 4.
> >
> > OK...on step #10 of the setup you install the IVTV firmware, etc.
> > This is
> > where things have gone awry.
> >
> > Upon reboot of the machine, I'm guess where it load the ivtv
> > module...the text
> > on the screen goes wonky...then nothing.  Black screen...and if I
> > hit random
> > keys on the keyboard...I get a few green "U"s on the screen.
> >
> > So...anyone else had that issue?  What did you do to overcome it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > evan

 Yahoo! Personals
Lot's of someone's, actually. Yahoo! Personals