[mythtv-users] SQL Permissions Startup script

Patrick Beard p.beard at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Nov 25 19:29:48 EST 2005

Hi,
Thanks to Ronald for getting me sorted with channel changing.

The next thing on my 'sort' list is backend start up at boot.

I'm using Ubuntu. I installed the Ubuntu Mythtv binary package. I reckon
debconf generates a random password for the MythTv user on install.
However I want to have a MythTV account that I can log into and have the
frontend start automatically. So I have changed the MythTV user's
password. Now I can log in as MythTV user and start the backend and
frontend from the command line, but if I try to use
'/etc/init.d/mythtv-backend' as created by debconf then I get a mysql
permission error. I've looked in the '/etc/init.d/mythtv-backend' script
and can't see any mention of the password.

Any Debian/Ubuntu users out there hit the same problem?

Any pointers?

Thanks again,

--
Patrick