[mythtv-users] Fast Forward not working properly with PVR-350/ivtv 0.4.0

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Sun Nov 27 01:44:45 EST 2005

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 08:15 am, Sasha Z wrote:
> I've had this problem since the beginning of time (for me, around .15,
> hahaha). I've never heard anybody comment on a solution, or any of the
> devs acknowledge it.
>
> On 11/9/05, Curtis White <soaro77 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm having the exact same problem. I just thought I had the remote or
> > something mis-configured and was going to work on it later. But maybe
> > not.
> >
> > On 11/8/05, Daniel Segel <mythtv at archer-segel.com> wrote:
> > > I don't know if this is a MythTV or ivtv issue. I'm running a fairly
> > > recent svn version of MythTV (with broken Live TV that I don't use
> > > anyway), and when I fast forward (or rewind) in a recorded program the
> > > video moves along quickly, but the time counter moves at the normal
> > > pace (e.g. 1 second per second) and then when I exit Fast Forward it
> > > jumps back to the place I started at (or nearby). I *don't* have the
> > > option to correct for reaction time enabled.
> > >
> > > Daniel

I used to have this problem when I used PS streams instead of TS streams with
my DVB-T card.  My suggestion is for you to test your database for
corruption.  One of the tables is used for positioning within a video file
and if it gets corrupt new entries can't be added.  MythTv then can't figure
out it position.

mysqlcheck -u mythtv -p mythconverg

http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO.html#toc23.5

Paul