[mythtv-users] QAM and ATSC HDTV on the Same Card

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 14:03:37 EST 2005

On Sunday 27 November 2005 13:38, David Ellis wrote:
> I have a HDTV Antenna (oriented correctly - works for 7+ channels), and a
> Digital QAM Provider (100% working, channels decoded).
>

> What I'm looking to-do is potentially combine both signals so the same
> HD3000 card can tune both ATSC and QAM_256 digital cable. Are their any
> sort of injectors or the like people have used, or is it an either or
> scenario?
>

> David

First, why? you should be receiving all the OTA channels on your QAM line,
from either a better positioned antenna or directly from the network
digitally (depending on your cable company).

Out side of that, you can get a splitter/combiner from home
depot/lowes/radioshack, run the two lines in and the output to the card.
you'll have to customize the channels information in Myth to understand which
channels are on QAM and which are on ATSC as well as the multiplex
frequencies.
Haven't tried it but it should work.

--
Steve