[mythtv-users] Extracting mp3 audio from mpeg2 video

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sun Nov 27 22:40:36 EST 2005

Greetings

My setup uses a sat set-top box going into the s-video and external audio
inputs on a PVR-150 card. A few radio stations are carried by the sat
provider but of cause the video is static - after recording, whats the
best way to split out the audio in a lossless fashion to an mp3 file?

I'm sure there are lots of options (mencoder, replex - not sure really)
but a simple command line tool is what I'm after.

Thanks...

--
Robin Gilks