[mythtv-users] Cant delete programs when HD files up

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Mon Nov 28 08:19:42 EST 2005

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 11:59:15AM +0000, Ben Edwards wrote:
> Firstly how come I cant delete programmes when I have filled up the
> drive, how can I stop this happening in the future.

The most likely answer is that since the drive was full, mysql was no
longer able to update the tables and mythtv couldn't append to the log.
The way to keep it from happening is to make sure you have a
functioning auto-expire arrangement and use auto-expire by default.

Don't forget that some filesystems reserve a lot of space for root's
exclusive use.  If you tell MythTV to auto-expire at 10Gb and then
create a 250Gb ext3 partition using the default settings (5% reserved
for root) then Myth will NEVER expire any files because the non-root
users will get a disk full error when there's 12.5Gb remaining.

--
Joke template: Three guys walk into a bar. One of them is a wee bit
stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability.