[mythtv-users] DVB EPG in MythTV?

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Mon Nov 28 10:36:34 EST 2005

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 03:53:37PM +0100, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> > DVB-T, DVB-S or DVB-C? Which country?
>
> DVB-S with dish pointing at Astra 19.2 and 28.2 (simple DiSEqC).

Okay, time to play with dvbsnoop to see if you have any
information on your transports.

Make sure your card is tuned to a valid channel and then
shutdown mythbackend.

Run 'dvbsnoop 0x0'
You will get a bunch of lines like...

    Program_number: 22080 (0x5640)
    reserved: 7 (0x07)
    Program_map_PID: 701 (0x02bd)

Pick one of these and then run dvbsnoop on the Program_map_PID
in this case that would be 'dvbsnoop 0x02bd'

Check the output, you will need to see entries underneath

Stream_type loop:

that say

    Stream_type: 2 (0x02)  [= ITU-T Rec. H.262 | ISO/IEC 13818-2 Video | ISO/IEC 11172-2 constr. parameter video stream]
    reserved_1: 7 (0x07)
    Elementary_PID: 101 (0x0065)
    reserved_2: 15 (0x0f)
    ES_info_length: 3 (0x0003)

This is the video stream.
Now you can look to see if there is any data on the stream with

'dvbsnoop -f 0x4d -m 0xff 0x0065'

0x4d is EIT section descriptor
0xff is mask
0x0065 is the PID of the video from above (Elementary_PID: ...)

Try also changing 0x4d to 0x4e

Let me know if you get output from the last commands, either with
0x4d or 0x4e

Stuart