[mythtv-users] HD3000 FC# install guide

Chris Trown ctrown at safe-mail.net
Mon Nov 28 17:44:45 EST 2005

Mitko Haralanov wrote:
> 	Hi,
>
> 	I have been looking for some instructions on installing the
> HD3000 on FC3 with Myth and I found a thread on the archive with the
> same subject as this one.
> 	In that thread, there is a link to a guide that seems pretty
> useful (http://ffrf.net/pchdvt-fc3-install.html). However, either the
> site is down or it doesn't exist anymore.
>
> 	Does anyone have a copy of the guide that I can use?
>
> 	Thanx

      Don't have a copy, but this site was a big help for me:

http://www.linuxis.us/linux/media/howto/linux-htpc/video.html

      There's also:

http://www.linuxis.us/linux/media/howto/pchdtv/

      You are where I was 2 days ago.  Running on FC3.  I decided to
upgrade so I could get real-time priority threads.  Despite what you may
read, it's not in the latest PAM release for Core 3.

      The patches for the system were 950 Megs.  Cut it down to ~500
Megs by removing OpenOffice.  I went the upgrade route instead of
formatting and reloading.

Chris...

--
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -- Benjamin