[mythtv-users] Auto login as user and start Myth.

Robert Denier rdenier at finiteinfinity.org
Mon Nov 28 18:07:26 EST 2005

This is probably easy, but I can't think of an obvious way to automatically
login as a user.  From that point you need to start X and mythfrontend, but
that is probably easy as long as one can figure out how to execute a script
as a particular user.

The overall idea is to have the system get to the point that you can use the
remote automatically after you turn it on.  I'm using Gentoo Linux.  This
shouldn't be that hard, but I just don't see an obvious starting point other
than maybe figuring out the init process from inittab or maybe something like
xdm that does autologins.

-Robert Denier