[mythtv-users] Re: xorg.conf file for fedora, x86_64

Brady liquidgecka at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 23:52:42 EST 2005

all I was really looking for was a simple "default nvidia" xorg.conf
file. None seemed to work for me. Like I said before, I would get
either "no GLX" or "bitmap/pcidata not found" errors.

I was able to resolve my problems by:
reinstalling Xorg-X11. For some reason the initial install didn't
actually create pcidata.a and bitmap.a. Then I used the config that
Joe sent (Thanks Joe!) after modifying .../lib/ to .../lib64/ in the
modules section.

It seems easy but trust me.. it was very frustrating and I still don't
know why those two files where not installed with a simple yum install
xorg-x11.

Anyways.. thanks for the great RPM's Axel! I was able to get the
system installed and running Fedora based mythtv in about 6 hours.
Thank heavens too! I left the next morning and won't be back for a
month! Now I get to go back and watch all the cool programs that I
can't get here =) Well.. assuming the dang box doesn't die again
(Third rebuild in as many months)