[mythtv-users] Touchscreen

Peter Osterberg Peter at supergirl.se
Tue Nov 29 10:52:30 EST 2005

Jeff Simpson wrote:

>     I have serious thoought of buying one of those expensive boxes with a
>     built in touchscreen. This is mainly because I find it annoying to
>     have
>     to light up my projector when I only want to start a music track. I
>     think it would be really cool if all the standard Myth display
>     could be
>     presented on the touchscreen and the menu could be navigated with just
>     my fingertips.
>

> If you are thinking of having multiple screens anyway, why not just go
> the console
> with keyboard and mouse route? Use the projector for actually
> displaying video + etc,
> and use the monitor for the menu systems. It would probably cost
> significantly less than
> a touchscreen system, and you can still operate it with a remote or
> arrow keys very easily.

To navigate using the keyboard is of course my second option but it
isn't quite as cool as navigating with a touch screen.

I didn't know that it was possible to tweak the Myth GUI to oprerate on
two separate screen as you describe. Are there any HOWTO available that
describes how to set that up?

I can see how I can manage to get xine or mplayer to display on any
device using command line options but how do I do this with the "player"
that Myth uses for displaying TV or recorded shows?