[mythtv-users] HD3000 recording problem in Mythtv- signalStrengthATSC_v4l2(), error: Invalid argument

Blastzone blastzone at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 16:43:18 EST 2005

Brad -
If you say 'yes' to the question at the start about clearing your capture
cards, then you'll lose everything you have set up so far.

So, step 1 - back up your mysql table!  (if you haven't done this already).
I haven't read back in the log, but back up your tables!!

step 2 - Using mythtv-setup, go to menu option 2 - capture cards.  Is your
HD3000 listed as a DVB device, v4l device, or hd3000 device?  I didn't have
any luck with hd3000, and v4l will give you NTSC.  Try removing it
(highlight and press d) and re-adding as a DVB card.  You may need to stop
mythbackend.  By default, mythbackend will lock DVB cards open.

once you've done that, you should be able to go into the channel editor & do
a scan.