[mythtv-users] forced to use xv?

Travis Osterman tosterman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 21:31:21 EST 2005

When watching live tv and recordings, does myth use xv or the mplayer
settings from the videos => player => settings page?

The reason I ask is because I have mplayer working with '-vo x11' but
'-vo xv' gives me funky artifacts on playback.  Mythvideo seems to use
the settings by live tv and recordings seem to ignore them.  I have
also tried adding the settings to .mplayer/config to no avail.
Basically, I am wondering if I need to spend my time getting xv to
work so I can watch my recordings or if there is another mplayer
options area I missed somewhere.  Thanks for the help.

-- Travis Osterman