[mythtv-users] vonage caller id

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 13:19:29 EST 2005

> Be aware though:  I've read that for some reason, the sniffer script
> may NOT work for any newer Vonage accounts activated since January
> 2005.  I have *NO* personal experience with that (I've had Vonage a
> long time), nor can I cite any source off the top of my head.  It
> might be something to research a bit before you start rearranging
> your network for nothing, though.

The change is sort of documented here:

http://www.vonage.com/help_knowledgeBase_article.php?article=89

Their equipment provisioned prior to 2005 used port 5061 udp (SIP). So
basically your answer is, the vonage sniff script will only work with
older devices.

I have an old Motorola box for my vonage service, and the script works
like a charm!

-Kenneth