[mythtv-users] HELP: No TV after hw install of HD3000 (w/ PVR250 and FC4)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Nov 30 16:08:51 EST 2005

Brad Fuller wrote:

> Is [capture card] priority set by the field "Input Preference" in
> mythtv-setup? If so, maybe the text should change with the word
> "priority" in it.

Yeah.  It's really on the input level in case you have multiple inputs
on the same card and one has poor reception or whatever, but it's
generally easier to explain the choice of capture chards as a "card
priority".

> How do you change the cardid? I'm sure it's in the archives
> someplace... I searched. I'll look more... I imagine it can only be
> changed in the dB.

Changing the cardid is a bit more complex.  There have been a couple of
posts about resetting cardid (i.e.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/63269?nohighlight=1#63269),
but it shouldn't matter at all what numbers are used.  If you just want
to change it because of priority, it's far easier to set the input
preference.

Mike