[mythtv-users] vonage caller id

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Wed Nov 30 17:37:25 EST 2005

> > That's not entirely true... I can't prove this yet, because I don't
> > have a way to sniff the packets before getting to my vonage
> ATA (yet),
> > but I've found a few sources that say they can sniff the
> callerID info
> > off of port 10,000.  Again, I don't know.  I got my vonage
> box about 3
> > months ago.  So, I'm guessing it won't be port 5061.
>
> I wasn't trying to say that you can't sniff the caller ID off
> the newer boxes, but the stock vonagesniff.pl won't do it for
> you... it'll at least need some tweaking, that is if the SIP
> packets are the same...

I have not tried this yet but I am planning to. The new boxes maintain a
connection back to their server on port 10000 (ten thousand). In my network
setup the ATA is just another drop off the hub so I should be able to
monitor traffic. Might be worth setting up a packet sniffer on that port to
see whats being passed when a call comes in.