[mythtv-users] multiple cards question

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Nov 30 18:23:25 EST 2005

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:45:31 -0800, WR wrote:

>Ok, so basically, when adding more cards, I just add more of those alias
>lines, and the rest is automagical....(or is it?)

NO!

I don't want to repeat what has been thrashed out on this list already.

I suggest that you surf over to:

and read back through the list, looking especially at threads with HD3000
in the title.

>I'm not seeing the 2nd card (HD3000) initializing with ivtv in dmesg,
>however...

>still must be missing something. Does it work without initializing?

You must add modules to your modprobe.conf for the HD3000 to work.
Which modules, and how they are added depends upon what you want the card
for:

Is it HDTV OTA (digital TV using an antenna) or as a standard NTSC/PAL
tuner.

Different modules, different loading setup.
You have a 2.6.14 kernel so that native kernel has one of the modules.
Depending on whether you want ATSC digital or NTSC you must adjust which
tveeprom module is used by ivtv.. If you want digital, then you must make
ivtv use the kernel'
s tveeprom module.

Drop over to pcHDTV and download the pcHDTV-extras tarball. The README
from that is a good explanation of the use of the various modules. (But
not unfortunately, about how to make them 'play nice'.).

Geoff

R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638