[mythtv-users] GeForce MX 4000

Jonathan Markevich mythtv at jonandtina.net
Sat Oct 1 02:15:36 UTC 2005

I (finally) got a GeForce MX4000 (3D Fuzion) and am trying to transition
from my ancient ATI Rage II card to this, but am completely unable to
get TV-out working, I just have a blue TV screen.

I am using the last but one version of knoppmyth

I have followed the instructions many times (install-nvidia-xxxx.sh,
install-i686-*, restart GDM...), and the X server seems to be starting
up, but I can't see anything but a TV blue screen.

Any hints what I should look for?

Thanks

My XF86Config-4 section:
Section "Device"
        ### Available Driver options are:-
# sw_cursor is needed for some ati and radeon cards
        #Option     "sw_cursor"
        #Option     "hw_cursor"
        #Option     "NoAccel"
        #Option     "ShowCache"
        #Option     "ShadowFB"
        #Option     "UseFBDev"
        #Option     "Rotate"
        Identifier  "Card0"
# The following line is auto-generated by KNOPPIX mkxf86config
#       Driver      "vesa"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
        Option "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"