[mythtv-users] mythtranscode silently dies

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Oct 2 00:17:38 UTC 2005

> I've gotten a little farther.  By poking through mythtranscode's source
> for a second, I saw that I could specify "mythtranscode -v all".
> Running the mythtranscode line again, I got the following error message:
> "Attempted to transcode myth://:/1013_20050123172800_20050123175800.nuv.
> Mythtranscode is currently unable to transcode remote files."
>
> I take it that it's confused about which machine the files are in and
> that I'll have to fix some entries in the mythconverg database
> somewhere.  Which settings would those be?

Are the files accessible on the machine you are trying to run mythtranscode
on?  If so, were they recorded on that machine or did you mount the
recordings directory via NFS?

If you are on the recording backend, then this should work unless your
hostname is messed up for these recordings like if you changed the hostname
on the machine.  If you mounted the recordings directory on the machine
you are trying to run mythtranscode on, then make sure that you mounted
it on the same directory it exists on on the backend that made the
recording.

I committed a change recently that modified PlaybackInfo::GetPlaybackURL()
so it lets you have different mount points for the recording directory
on the backends, so remote transcoding should work in all cases where
the backend you're running mythtranscode on has access to the original
backend's recording directory.

--
Chris