[mythtv-users] RE: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 33, Issue 4

Jeremy Thompson aimhigh_af at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 2 10:29:09 UTC 2005

Paul,
  I didn't see your reply till I did an archive search.

Here is my.cnf:
[mysqld]
datadir=/var/lib/mysql/mythconverg
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
skip-innodb

[mysql.server]
user=mysql
basedir=/var/lib
key_buffer = 16M
table_cache = 128
sort_buffer_size = 2M
myisam_sort_buffer_size = 8M
query_cache_size = 16M

[safe_mysqld]
err-log=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

I edited it to look more like yours.  All the options I moved down to the
[mysql.server] .  I added the skip-innodb after some trial and error.

I added  tried a  few more things  and  am now getting this error:

/usr/libexec/mysqld: Table 'mysql.host' doesn't exist

So mysql exits.  I am not sure where/when this table is generated.

I followed Jarod's FC3 directions exactly with a fresh install of FC3.
While I am not a Linux guru by any means, I have been using it since 99 - so
I can get around, and know how not to do stupid things.  Except break a
running database.

Here's mc.sql in the mythtv folder in usr, seems right.

CREATE DATABASE mythconverg;
GRANT ALL ON mythconverg.* TO mythtv at localhost IDENTIFIED BY "mythtv";
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
GRANT CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES ON mythconverg.* TO mythtv at localhost
IDENTIFIED BY "mythtv";
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Not sure where else to look.

Thanks for help