[mythtv-users] Re: GeForce MX 4000

Jonathan Markevich mythtv at jonandtina.net
Sun Oct 2 17:17:58 UTC 2005

> > ...but I discovered the weak point in my system was the switchbox I
> > *presumed* would take a SVideo in and output composite. Instead I need
> > to get an adapter or cable to find out if it's working at all (it might
> > be)!
>

> Most of the NVidia cards with TV output come with composite adapters -- I
> would check to see if you have one you might have accidentally misplaced.
>
> Most of the switchboxes out there don't convert between S-Video and
> composite. I have one that will, but it cost about $300 when I bought it
> several years ago.

Nope mine didn't.  That was the first thing I looked for, actually. It
is a new brand "3D Fuzion" made by BFG Tech, their main line is of out
of the box overclocked cards, so they decided to go with a low-end line
too.  I guess they saved a few bucks by not including the dongle.

I was able to go get an adapter so I can use a composite cable, and it
works well now.

Anyway, as a warning to others, if you think those cheap switchboxes
will convert, they won't!