[mythtv-users] sensors.conf, it87 and fan speed.

Marius Schrecker marius at schrecker.org
Mon Oct 3 08:20:09 UTC 2005

Hello again,
     A new week, and many myth related challenges. Before the box can be
moved to the sitting room, one of the fundemental WAF challenges is
to get it as quiet as possible when it's idling.

Has anyone got lmsensors/pwm working with it8712 controlled fans?
 I know these fans are variable speed, as BIOS already controls them
dynamically, all I want to do is adjust the temperature ranges as cpu
currently idles at between 18 and 21 degrees.

When I run # pwmconfig
I get
/usr/sbin/pwmconfig: There are no pwm-capable sensor modules installed

And indeed there are no pwm* files on the system, and no
/proc/sys/dev/sensors directory.

Am I perhaps missing a kernel module, or does the it87 chip not use pwm??

Documentation is scant on how to set this up.

Cheers

Marius