[mythtv-users] Xbox as FE

Tom Dombrosky tbdombrosky at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 14:04:32 UTC 2005

> Thanks to everyone who replied so far - I am going to try Phill's
> suggestion as I like the idea of not have to reboot into Linux to run
> the front end. I already have a GentooX install on the Xbox that I could
> use if I find xbmcmythtv doesn't fit the bill for some reason.
>

> I don't think I'm using MPEG4 - it's the stream from the DVB transponder
> which I think is MPEG2 though I could be wrong!

The one feature that comes to mind that doesn't work as well on the xbmc
frontend as it does in Linux is live tv. Last time I checked, they have made
great strides with this (before you had to exit out, change the channel,
start watching again), but it's still not up to the Linux frontend level.

Tom