[mythtv-users] Xbox as FE

Vladan Bato vbato at ieee.org
Mon Oct 3 15:43:32 UTC 2005

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 10:08:33 -0400
A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you modify the installation script in a text editor from
> http://bit.blkbk.com/ and replace the reference to the version of
> xebian you have it should work. For instance in the script is a
> reference to the version of xebian to run I believe it defaults to
> 1.1.0 but I used 1.1.2 if I recall.

Hmm, I doubt that would work. I thought about doing that, but I chose
to manually execute everything the script does. I updated sources.list
as the script would, and then tried to call it with -u (if I remember
correctly) to update the packages (it lets you choose which packages to
install). It didn't work because of dependencies that where
impossible to satisfy.

I might have made a mistake, but I tried several different variations
of sources.list and none of them would let me install mythtv-frontend.

>  I also didn't have any luck compiling on an Xbox due to the missing
> of a lot of dependancies.

After I failed to install the binary packages, I tried rebuilding them.
By running:
apt-get build-dep mythtv
apt-get -b source mythtv

it downloaded all dependencies for building mythtv and started
compiling. After a few hours I had to go to bed and I didn't check this
morning whether it had finished.

(I may have used mythtv-frontend in the commands above, I can't
remember exactly).

--
Vladan Bato
vbato at ieee.org