[mythtv-users] Xbox as FE

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 16:31:40 UTC 2005

On 10/3/05, Vladan Bato <vbato at ieee.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 10:08:33 -0400
> A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If you modify the installation script in a text editor from
> > http://bit.blkbk.com/ and replace the reference to the version of
> > xebian you have it should work. For instance in the script is a
> > reference to the version of xebian to run I believe it defaults to
> > 1.1.0 but I used 1.1.2 if I recall.
>
> Hmm, I doubt that would work. I thought about doing that, but I chose
> to manually execute everything the script does. I updated sources.list
> as the script would, and then tried to call it with -u (if I remember
> correctly) to update the packages (it lets you choose which packages to
> install). It didn't work because of dependencies that where
> impossible to satisfy.
>
> I might have made a mistake, but I tried several different variations
> of sources.list and none of them would let me install mythtv-frontend.
>
> > I also didn't have any luck compiling on an Xbox due to the missing
> > of a lot of dependancies.
>
> After I failed to install the binary packages, I tried rebuilding them.
> By running:
> apt-get build-dep mythtv
> apt-get -b source mythtv
>
> it downloaded all dependencies for building mythtv and started
> compiling. After a few hours I had to go to bed and I didn't check this
> morning whether it had finished.
>
> (I may have used mythtv-frontend in the commands above, I can't
> remember exactly).

I don't know if this will help but I found this tip in an e-mail from Rob
Anderson:
ftp.nerim.net <ftp://ftp.nerim.net/> has changed the name from unstable to
sid. sources.list should read...
 deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ sid main

--
I probably still have a few (well, now a whole bunch) gmail invites.
Drop me a line (off list) if you'd like an account.