AW: [mythtv-users] Large-scale myth farm

Neil Davidson lists at backslash.co.uk
Mon Oct 3 18:15:02 UTC 2005

> > Without requirement for CI modules I'd probably stick with the
> > terratec cards; small, don't run too hot and no problems so far.
>
> 'scuse my ignorance - what's a CI module?

This is only relevant to Satellite capture cards really. The CI module looks
like a PCMCIA slot and allows you to insert a CAM (Conditional Access
Module) and subscription card. This is something you would look into,
especially with BBC and ITV speaking about a free satellite service to
compliment DTT. I believe this will also have HDTV streams on it, something
that DTT won't have until at least analogue shutdown in 2012.

Another discussion about the way Myth handles the different forms of radio
has just started over in the developers list, I think there are a couple of
newer guys (when I say newer, I mean non-core developers) that are looking
at doing some work on this functionality. Don't know where it will lead to
though, but don't expect anything until at least v0.20

Also just like to say how impressed I am at your attitude towards Open
Source and the Myth community for this project. Bearing in mind that Myth is
a very fast moving project I see no reason why it couldn't give you, in
time, all the features you could ever want and more.

N.