[mythtv-users] Large-scale myth farm

Illtud Daniel illtud.daniel at llgc.org.uk
Tue Oct 4 14:45:34 UTC 2005

Ian Barton wrote:

[snip card recommendation] - thanks!

> You can record radio from the BBC listen again site using MPLayer. I can
> post a script if you are interested. The quality isn't that good as the
> Real Player stream is encoded at a fairly low bit rate. However, it's
> fine for speech.

Although it shouldn't make any difference really, we wouldn't
have the right to do this. We've a good relationship with the
broadcasters and all we're doing is changing the storage
backend, which doesn't require renegotiation of rights.

mplayer's dumpstream is exceptionally handy, but not applicable
to us in this situation.

Illtud Daniel                                 illtud.daniel at llgc.org.uk
Uwch Ddadansoddwr Systemau                       Senior Systems Analyst
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru                  National Library of Wales
Yn siarad drosof fy hun, nid LlGC   -  Speaking personally, not for NLW