[mythtv-users] remoting forntend and backend from satellite receiver, TV and A/V receiver

Joe Harvell jharvell at dogpad.net
Tue Oct 4 16:19:44 UTC 2005

Just after I posted this, I was thinking a setup like you are describing
is better.  And I would like to go that route.

My backend is mostly highly available.  But I do frequently do software
upgrades, so I am worried about the WAF when I have to explain to my
wife why she can't watch DISH when I have unplanned down time on the
backend.  What I didn't describe in my plan below is that I would split
the audio and video out of the DISH receiver with one leg of each going
directly to the A/V receiver and TV, respectively.  This way backend
down time would not prevent us from watching DISH.

I guess I could get a second dish receiver for the backend and leave the
existing one where it is.  But this would cost me $5 per month which I
was hoping to avoid.

Any advice?