[mythtv-users] PVR-350 - B&W video and X issues

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Tue Oct 4 19:30:31 UTC 2005

dnjohannes at gmail.com wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have followed Jarod Willson's guide and things appear to work as
> stated in section 10. I can capture video (on the 350 and 500) to a
> file and play it back. Things look good on my monitor. Now I follow
> the guide to test the output of my video via the pvr350. I use the
> following to get rid of the horizontal lines:
>
> /usr/bin/ivtvfbctl /dev/fb1 -alpha -on -globalalpha -nolocalalpha
>
> I have sound and an image, but the video is in black and white! I
> searched mythtv e-mails and Google'd, and tried a few things I found,
> but I still have B&W video. Plus there appears to be a little bit of
> 'snow' int he video too.

B&W video sometimes happens on the 350 when you're using a composite
input when you
should be using an svideo input. The dongle adapter that comes with the
350 has a composite
input, but you should actually be using the svideo input on the card
because it's an svideo jack.
Try changing the input with ivtvctl. Then, when you find the right one,
change it permanently
from mythtv-setup.

--
Jesse Guardiani